At Trading Direct, you may save for your retirements with the type of IRA that best suits your needs. Choose from Traditional, Rollover, Roth, or SEP. Details below...
• You can establish and make contributions to an IRA if you received taxable compensation during the year and have not yet reached the age of 70 1/2 by the end of the year.
• Contributions may be made up to the lesser of 100% of compensation or $5,000 in 2012 ($6,000 for individuals over age 50)
• If you maintain multiple IRA accounts, the maximum contribution to all of the accounts cannot exceed $5,000 for 2012. ($6,000 for individuals over age 50).
• An IRA for any year may be opened and funded at anytime before the due date for filing your tax return, not including any extensions.
• Contributions must be in the form of money (a check or cash journal transfer from your taxable account at Trading Direct).
Click here to obtain Traditional IRA application.
• If you received an eligible rollover distribution from your IRA, employer’s qualified pension, profit sharing or stock bonus plan, annuity plan, or tax sheltered annuity plan (403(b) plan), you can roll over all or part of it into an IRA.
• Rollover contributions must be made by the 60th day after the day you receive a distribution from your IRA or employer’s plan in order to continue their tax-deferred status.
Click here to obtain IRA Rollover application.
• See IRS publication 590, page 54 for eligibility rules and contribution limits.
Click here to obtain Roth IRA application.
• Any employer, including a sole proprietor with no employees, can establish a SEP for the benefit of all eligible employees. The owner of the business is also considered an employee who is eligible to receive a SEP contribution. Due to ever changing tax laws, please refer to IRS publication 560 for for eligibility rules and contribution limits.
Click here to obtain a SEP IRA application.
DISCLOSURE: THE ABOVE INFORMATION PRESENTS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, IS THOUGHT TO BE ACCURATE AS OF JANUARY 2014, AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED UPON EVER CHANGING US TAX LAWS. TO MAKE CERTAIN THAT OPENING A PARTICULAR ACCOUNT WILL SUIT YOUR NEEDS, BE SURE TO CONSULT A QUALIFIED TAX RESOURCE.
Questions? Contact us.